The Ministry of People’s Welfare through the National Program for Community Empowerment (PNPM) Mandiri is inviting Postgraduate Students and Phd. candidates to take part together with the community for an empowered Indonesia!
The largest community empowerment program in the world, PNPM Mandiri is opening internship opportunities for postgraduate and doctoral students from universities all over Indonesia.
Learning and working together with the community …
Unearthing self-potentials of the community ...
Utilizing local wisdom …
In many villages, urban wards, sub-districts, provinces all over Indonesia
Together, empowered to get out of poverty!!!
Internship period: October – December 2012
Internship program focused on community empowerment efforts in Indonesia, with
- community driven development;
- conflict and justice;
- education, mother child & health;
- marginalized group inclusion;
- financial management;
- monitoring & evaluation;
Terms and conditions:
1. Applicants are registered in a postgraduate or doctorate program in a university in Indonesia with min GPA 2.5
2. Download and complete the registration form here
3. Submit the form with the following supporting documents:
a. Reference letter from University
b. Photocopy of grade transcript
c. Photocopy of identity card or passport
d. Motivation statement explaining reason and objective in applying into the internship program (max. 500 words).
e. Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
4. Send the form and supporting documents to:
b. Post: PNPM Support Facility (PSF) Office, Jakarta Jl. Diponegoro No. 72, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat 10310
5. The form and supporting documents should be received by the internship committee the latest on 17 September 2012;
6. Selected interns will work together with the Government of Indonesia in various ministries/institutions related to PNPM Mandiri and donor agencies in PNPM Support facility ;
7. Selected interns may participate in mission trips and studies related to PNPM Mandiri in different parts of Indonesia;
8. The internship will provide a daily fee to all Interns on actual worked day/s and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations in Jakarta.
9. Names of selected interns will be announced on www.pnpm-support.org/internship
10. Through this internship opportunity, interns can explore the possibility to conduct research in PNPM
11. The selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
National Program for Community Empowerment (PNPM) Mandiri is a national program which harmonizes community empowerment programs which have been implemented by various government departments and ministries such as Kecamatan Development Program (KDP) and the Urban Poverty Program which have been ongoing since 1998.
National Program for Community Empowerment (PNPM) Mandiri is a national program launched on 30 April 2007 in Palu, Central Sulawesi and aims at improving welfare and employment opportunities of the poor through utilization of economic and social potential owned by the community themselves.